Stitching Words Together

My occasional blatherings

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I'm the married mom of two, a boy 21 and a girl 17. Knitting is what I do to stay sane.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Old Business

The first incarnation of this blog was written when I was in a deep crisis. I was home taking care of my son who has high functioning autism and Bipolar Disorder. I also happen to have Bipolar Disorder and the experience and stress of taking care of him threw me for a loop. This blog was a lifeline. I deleted it because the formatting got all screwed up and I couldn't fix it and in my perfectionist's ways I couldn't bear to have it out on the web in that messed up fashion. So to my old blogging friends who may have missed me and find me again now I am sorry for that.

I am doing well these days with the occasional blip. Today is a blip. Feeling a little down and don't know why. But I'll work it through I suspect I usually do. A new thing in my life, at least I think it's new since the last time this blog was live is that I am a committee Buddhist now. I meditate daily and go to a Buddhist Sangha weekly to meditate with others. I will formally take refuge in the spring or late winter. That means taking vows to take refuge in the Buddha, the Teaching or Dharma, and the Sangha or community of believers. You don't have to do this but I want to as a sign of my continuing spiritual journey. It's brought great peace to my life and everyone has noticed that I am calmer and more settled now. I think it's important to attend to the spiritual part of life however you chose to do it.

To those who remember me speaking about my son and all the troubles we had with him and school. He is well and happy. He is in a boarding school now, for kids with developmental problems. So far so good, again with the occasional blip, but they are fewer and fewer and father between. It's hard to have him away but it's best for him and good to see him improve.

There, old business mostly cleared up. If anyone wants to know anything just ask, assuming you find me again from the old days that is and I hope some of you do. Take care for today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home