Stitching Words Together

My occasional blatherings

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I'm the married mom of two, a boy 21 and a girl 17. Knitting is what I do to stay sane.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

So Far So Good

Well it's a day and a half and I've been successful thus far. Got myself out of bed and ate breakfast with the nice added bit of actually reading some of the newspaper. Had a lot more energy today as a result of eating this AM I think, so all that talk about breakfast being important is true I guess. (Slice of homebaked bread, with cashew butter and a cup of tea if you're interested) I made lunch the night before so I wouldn't have an excuse to skip it and was glad I did because I had a horrible day at work and having lunch made it a little more pleasant getting through the day. Nice little added benefit I had not considered. I think I am going to find a bunch of little benefits along the way. Dinner was fish, which I don't make often as my husband will not eat it but he ate leftovers and my daughter and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I may do it more often if she'll eat it too. Already on a healthy cooking kick and the diet is only a day and a half old!

Worth mentioning that I drink a lot of tea which is hence the Adagio Teas button on the site. Right now I am embarked on a mission to learn more about different types of tea. I just ordered a couple of samplers from Adagio, a green tea and a white tea sampler. I like green tea but know little about it and would like to try a few and learn more. White tea I've never had and thought this would be a good way to check it out. I'll put some mini reviews here on the blog as I give each tea a try. I also drink coffee, but usually only on the weekends or if I happen to have to kill some time at a Starbucks. I just can't see making a whole pot in the morning, we just won't finish it during the week. Weekends are a different matter. And quite frankly we are coffee snobs. We keep our beans whole and grind them just before we brew the pot. We usually have like 5 different types of beans in the house. It's probably silly but it's my husband's little luxury, and as luxuries go it's a cheap one.

Now the husband may be addicted to coffee (and he makes very good coffee as well BTW) but I am addicted to cheese. I could live on cheese and one of the hard things about this eating thing is that most cheese is a no,no. Most is too high in fat. There is a store that's not too far a drive from here that has an outrageous cheese department that I like to shop in. I was there yesterday, my relief in finding an aged low fat cheese was palpable. My daughter just laughed. I might be a nut, but I did enjoy my lunch as a result!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home