Stitching Words Together

My occasional blatherings

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I'm the married mom of two, a boy 21 and a girl 17. Knitting is what I do to stay sane.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Home Again

DH is home from the hospital a little worse for it. In a lot of pain and finding it hard to move. He could probably have stayed another day there, but as he said if there's if they say you can go home you don't ask to stay in the hospital. He just needs to give it time and take it easy for a while. He sees the doctor on Monday so he'll be home till at least then.

It did not go well at the train station yesterday with DS. Thankfully I had a friend with me and some of the other parents were there to help as well. It got hairy but when the staff from school came he calmed down. The Amtrak police came over to see if we needed any help and could not have been sweeter and more helpful. They offered to get DS on the train early with a staffer, but they didn't think it would be necessary. According to DS's case manager at school, he had a rough morning in the classroom not sure how the rest of the day went but as there were no calls from his teacher she assumes it was OK. He'll call DH this afternoon and with luck speaking to him and knowing he's OK and at home will help him feel better. Autistic people often don't know what to do with their emotion so they strike out. He doesn't know how to process his feeling so they come out in rage at times. With luck he will get through this quickly. He's a good kid and resilient so I have hopes that all will be back to normal soon. He has some wonderful supports at school and the structure they give him is a big help too. When autistic people have structure they do much better, or so it has seemed to me.

I had great fun taking DD and her best friend(here after BF) out to dinner last night. We went to eat sushi as part of BF's birthday gift. Both girls adore the stuff and while it was not cheap I needed the break after the day that I had with DS, and I really like this kid a lot. It was fun to see them enjoy themselves so much. DD also deserved the treat after a wonderful report card. She had a tough year last year in school. Probably the effect of all the trouble we were having with DS, now she has made a real turn around. Especially in math. Last year she was struggling with a C now she has A+ grades.

My lousy job wanted me at work today. I told them in no uncertain terms that this was not happening. They said they understood, but it burns me up that it was expected rather than my being asked if it was possible after DH's accident. My job doesn't have a regular schedule, I set it myself, so for them to assume I could to the work at their convenience is assuming a lot. I really hope that this other job comes through for me. I had another email for a position with the same company today and called about it. So if one position doesn't come through maybe the other one will. Got the fingers and toes crossed for this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home