Stitching Words Together

My occasional blatherings

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I'm the married mom of two, a boy 21 and a girl 17. Knitting is what I do to stay sane.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Someone Tell Me Just What I Did

I must have done something to deserve my lousy job. I really must have. Maybe my previous life had a lot of unresolved bad karma. That's it I was a Nazi in a previous life and the universe is having fun making me a Buddhist Jew with a lousy job to make up for it. *sigh* It's not really that bad but on some days, like today it feels like it is. I am a rep for a merchandising company. We service cosmetics departments in various Supermarkets. This involves cleaning them up, unpacking the order placing the order and dealing with a world of crap from the non-foods manager of the store. Why isn't my credit here? Why is that item so expensive? Why is there so much of x on the shelf? Why can't we switch out x for y instead? Half the time it's stuff I have no control over. Another problem is that my orders are transmitted over the phone with an acoustic coupler if you can believe it. Technology that went out with the stone age. Most of the time it works but when it fails, boy it fails badly and it takes forever to get an order or credit through. I talk on the cell so much as a result of this stupid job that I had to up my minutes and went over twice before I did. I hate this job and I've only been at it for like two months. So why stay? I don't know. Except that the money isn't too bad. (not too good either, I have to travel around and don't get an allowance for the mileage) Except that we could use a little extra money now and then. Except that sitting in the house doing nothing is bad for my mental health. *Sigh* Rant now over, we resume normal programming.

DD came in just now to ask if she had enough money to buy a Nintendo DS. She really wants one but we weren't about to go out and spend that kind of money on a toy. So DD, as she has done before in a similar situation saved her money and is ready to buy it. She needs just a touch more and then she'll have enough. She's successfully saved for an American Girl Doll, and an Ipod Shuffle before this. A very disciplined girl my daughter. The main problem with her is her room. The place is undoubtedly the most cluttered room in a cluttered house. So messy you cannot see the floor. We are currently withholding part of her allowance until she cleans it up. DH is holding these funds in an envelope for her so if she ever does get off her duff he can present her with the stash. Stubbornly she refuses to do it. "I like my room this way. I don't see why it should matter to you." When I was a kid I never had the chance to have a dirty room, if you didn't clean it my Mom would. She was a world class neat freak.

DS comes home on the 22nd until the 27th and I cannot wait to see him. Even though we were out for a visit a week or two ago. I do get to miss him a lot. Right now he's hoping to go to a Basketball game on Saturday. All depends on his behavior. If he gets on Green (they have three behavior levels red, yellow, and green. Green gets all privileges, yellow some, red none there's a little more to it but that's the gist of it) he'll go. He's on one of those runs when he's stuck on yellow. He knows what he has to do but can't seem to get on green. I ache for him at times like this and wish I could fix it for him. I have gotten quite enmeshed with DS over time because I was his caretaker for so long. I really have to watch it and remind myself that he is the one who is responsible for his actions not me.

Tried another couple of teas. Spiced Green, and White Monkey which is a green tea. Spiced Green was a very nice fragrant tea. Not too strong, and just right for after a meal. White Monkey was a lovely light tea with a hint of tannin in the aftertaste. Both are recommended and available from Adagio Teas.

Food has been good the last couple of days. I am concerned about Thanksgiving but I suppose I can manage. We are ordering it from a restaurant that caters the entire thing, Turkey, fixings and all. We have the dinner at my MIL's house and she hates to cook, and hates to have someone in her kitchen cooking so this is the best way. They do a nice job and it's not too expensive. Started doing this a couple of years ago and it has become our thing. I also cook a couple of side dishes. This year, for some reason, DS has requested potatoes with parsnips. I believe I have a recipe for that so we will give it a go.

Finally Project Declutter moves on. I did my closet yesterday. Got rid of a lot of old clothes and organized the rest. Much easier to find things now. Amazing how many wire hangers I managed to accumulate. Personally I think that the things breed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home