Stitching Words Together

My occasional blatherings

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I'm the married mom of two, a boy 21 and a girl 17. Knitting is what I do to stay sane.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Light Behind The Clouds?

I got a call today about a possible job that is way better than the one I am doing. I don't have it yet but it looks good to me. I need to pass an interview but I think it will go well. Think good thoughts for me OK? I am going to speak to DH tonight seriously about quitting the bad job even if I don't get this one. It's just too much. Like take this week. DS is in and I can't get any time off at all just to do simple things. Not a chance for a day off, I don't even know if I can call in sick which is what I think I will do tomorrow. I don't want to leave DS alone in the house when I to work. He really can't do 6 hours by himself. While there is a good chance that I won't have to do six hours tomorrow I just don't know if I will or not. If they fire me then that's fine I don't care. I don't have a choice here. My son comes first.

DS is fine so far but a little hyper as I would expect him to be when first home which is another reason I don't want to leave him home alone. I don't know how he will react so many hours alone. When he was totally well I left him for as much as two hours at a time but never for an entire day. Now I am mad at DH, because he kept telling me I could leave DS and shouldn't worry. Now he's telling me I can't leave him for as long as I'd have to. I don't appreciate the implied guilt trip at all. I feel caught in the middle between my job responsibilities which seem so inflexible and my responsibilities at home. I've never had a job that was like this before. It may only be my perception, I don't know but we will see in the morning. Maybe I will get real lucky and I'll get fired.

DS and I are going to make a side dish he dreamed up, and I had to search the net for a recipe for, Thanksgiving. Parsnips and potatoes. God knows why he came up with this, but it sounds good. Though we will be leaving out the heavy cream in the recipe and putting in chicken broth instead, (or maybe nothing I haven't made up my mind on the texture and flavor I want to go for) We can't use the cream do to the fact that while we aren't kosher we still don't eat meat and milk together and also my MIL is on a low cholesterol diet. DS loves to cook and has come up with interesting dishes before. One was a delicious one that had green apples and chicken in it. He wants to be a chef when he grows up. With luck and the right program he just might be. There's a culinary program for developmentally disabled people near our home we hope to get him into when he is older.

DD had been on the outs with a group of kids on the street since the end of the summer and seems to have mended fences. As she put it, this is a good thing because it was getting boring not having anyone on the street to hang out with. Turns out that it was one kid's fault the whole thing blew up. Ah, the politics of the playground. This group seems to blow up regularly, I await the next explosion.

Food has not been good the last couple of days. I had some chocolate today and did not eat breakfast as I was in a total hurry to catch the train I needed to meet DS. (the school brings the kids to a major train station in the Big City and we parents meet them there) Partly it was that DS had a candy bar and didn't finish it. Instead of throwing it out, I ate it. I should have thrown it out. Well I tend to use food as a drug and I am stressed whenever DS comes in from school so I guess that was part of it too.

I've been listening to a lot of podcasts the last couple of days. Catching up on some old favorites and finding (or trying to) some new ones. If you've not gotten into Podcasts you don't know what your missing. Some of my favorites are The Daily Source Code, The Overnightscape, Digital Flotsam, Fly with Me, Knitcast, and Cast On. Check them out for some great listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home