Stitching Words Together

My occasional blatherings

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I'm the married mom of two, a boy 21 and a girl 17. Knitting is what I do to stay sane.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Various Digressions

Another good day with the food, although I had a bad moment in Blockbuster when the candy bars were truly calling out to me. I managed to resist even after buying one for DD and having her offer me a piece. (and me throwing her a savage look in return) I am getting used to eating lunch at a fairly early hour on the days I work. It's the only way I can reliably get it in. Now I don't like eating lunch at 11AM but it seems to be working dietwise so I'm not going to argue with it.

The area where I have really fallen down is on exercise. I have yet to work that in and I really have to try and do it. It's not really that hard. We have a bike in the basement, but I don't seem t make time for it. I have to do that. I made a commitment to exercise three times a week, that's not too hard and I'm not even doing that much. I'm not taking the weight off if I don't so I'd better get the butt moving.

Now that I've started on one self improvement project another one is presenting itself to me, dealing with clutter. For some reason, dealing with my weight and my food issues has got me wanting to deal with the untold amounts of clutter in this house ( I'd post picture but I don't need the Board of Health coming over). Here's the deal, I am going to attack one room at a time, starting on Monday, starting with the Kitchen. One at a time will work otherwise I'll get overwhelmed or drift off in the middle of it. Not sure why I have such a problem doing housework, although I've been told I probably have ADD and that may be one of the reasons.

I'm drinking another one of the teas as I type this. This is one of the white teas called Snowbud. Very nice and different from the other white tea I tried. This one has a fuller flavor, not as light. It's aftertaste is also not as tannic as the first one.

Now about that Bar Mitzvah, this is for a cousin in my husband's family. I am not even sure how we are related to this cousin. One of the things I love about DH's family is that they invite everyone to things like this. If you're family you come. They take it down to 3rd and 4th cousins. DS is not coming to this, however. We didn't want to disrupt him and have him come up for a weekend so close to Thanksgiving. (DS goes to a boarding school for developmentally disabled kids. I will write more about him in the coming week to bring those of you who did not read the earlier incarnation of this blog up to speed on him) We have to drive an hour to get DH's Mom and Aunt then drive another hour to the affair. Big test for me as far as the food goes. The Bar Mitzvah is followed by a Buffet reception. Stay tuned for a report on how it goes.

Political Comment:
Hooray for the people of Dover PA! They did the right thing and threw the loonies out. See, this is what I meant yesterday. These folks have got to realize they are NOT in the majority the middle is. Fundamentalist, right wingers are a vocal group but a small one. For those of you who do not know what I am talking about, click the link. Everyone has a right to believe what they want, and to try to get their beliefs heard in the public arena, but try to impose an idea as was done in Dover and the people will rise up. 'Nuff said

1 Comments:

Blogger Eileen said...

I corrected the text to show the right state. How embarrassing!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home