Stitching Words Together

My occasional blatherings

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I'm the married mom of two, a boy 21 and a girl 17. Knitting is what I do to stay sane.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Interview Time

Did not work at lousy job today as I intended to. DH had too much trouble getting out of bed this morning for me to feel comfortable leaving him. Supervisor from lousy job got a little annoyed with me about it, although main office just said to keep them informed. Honestly what do they expect me to do here? I cannot leave him if he can't get out of bed easily (things got better as the day wore on BTW). Makes me want to get out of lousy job even more. I've got a ton of work to do too this week and I'm not looking forward to it at all. I went on a job interview this evening for a file clerk position at a medical office. Cut in pay, but at least I will be out of the bad situation, and I won't have to travel all over just to do my work (I have to drive all over creation in the course of doing the current job). They have to check references and are interviewing others so we will see. I'll know by Monday latest.

As I said DH is a bit better now. Still in pain and having trouble moving but better. He's being smart about this and resting a lot. The most he's done is read email and walk to the end of the driveway to get the snail mail. Can't be easy for him he's not the sort that takes well to enforced idleness.

DS keeps asking when we are going to visit him. He must feel bad about our visit with him or be homesick. We've told him that it depends on how DH is feeling because right now he couldn't handle the long car ride (2 1/2 -3 hours). It will be Christmas break soon in any case and DS will see us then. I feel bad for him he sounds forlorn. Our visit didn't go as planned and that's harder on DS than on the average kid. Autistic people don't handle change well at all. When plans are disrupted it takes them a long time to get over them. He will get over it but it hurts me to have him hurting and be away from me. I also think he may need a change in his medication as he has been very nervous lately. But we will see what the doctor says about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home