Stitching Words Together

My occasional blatherings

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I'm the married mom of two, a boy 21 and a girl 17. Knitting is what I do to stay sane.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Work Matters

Well I didn't hear about the job I interviewed for yet. But she said she'd let people know on Friday or Monday so it could still happen. I hope the idiots at the job I worked at that I used for a reference got hold of her. They can be stupid that way. I did hear about a couple of freelance jobs today so I still may be able to quit lousy job. We will see early next week. Keep those fingers and toes crossed. Freelance work is chancey in terms of money, but I am willing to take chances to get out of this job. At the very least I will cut down on the amount of work I do for the people I work for now. They aren't going to like it, but too bad.

DH is doing quite well today. He's able to move around with little pain but still tires easily, and hurts if he moves wrong. Monday he goes to the surgeon to get a checkup and have the stitches out. That should make him more comfortable; don't know about you but stitches always make me more uncomfortable.

DS had a very good report card. Mastering his work(he doesn't get grades) and his teacher is pleased by his progress academically, socially and emotionally. She says he still has trouble getting into challenging work, he resists it, but is even getting better about that. For a kid who used to be prone to tearing up his papers and not working at all, this is big stuff. His reading level is up, he's writing better. All good things for him. Hard having him away but I say again it's the best thing we ever did for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home