Stitching Words Together

My occasional blatherings

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I'm the married mom of two, a boy 21 and a girl 17. Knitting is what I do to stay sane.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Beat Goes On

Well things are moving along rather nicely at our house. DH was able to go to work for a couple of hours today and will do that again tomorrow. Project declutter continues to move along, slowly but still moving. I've been doing a to do list every day. Not always doing the entire list but getting to most of it. Food has been a small issue, probably because I am once again nervous about work. I anticipate a problem with one of my stores tomorrow and I am just not looking forward to facing it. Don't know why I get so worked up over these things. Other people don't, but I do. I suppose it's because I tend to be a bit obsessive compulsive. Hard for me to let things go.

I've been part of a secret pal exchange the last few months and sent of the last package today. A little late, sorry to say but I think it's a nice package. It's supposed to be related in some way to fiber arts. My pal, like me, is a knitter. I sent two nice skeins of yarn, a few pairs of earrings (I also do beading) and some hand cream. You can't ever have too much of that this time of year. At least I can't. I keep it in my knitting bag all the time because I find that the yarn will snag on my hands if they are too rough. I also sent a note about myself. You are supposed to reveal who you are with the last package. I wonder how much of a surprise I will be to my pal.

Nothing was heard from the interview I went on so I guess I didn't get the job. Well there are some freelance possibilities coming up that may work to my advantage. We will see. Hopefully I can quite lousy job soon.

I've been buying some wonderful music lately that I've found on the Podsafe Music Network. I encourage you to go to this wonderful resource for independent musicians. All of them have agreed to allow podcasters to play the uploaded tracks on their shows free of charge. They've found that this will actually increase their sales. This very afternoon I bought an entire album and a couple of tracks from listening to them either on the network or a podcast. The music industry is undergoing a seachange. Check out the PMN be part of the change.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there blogger, I've been reading through a few blogs on your subject and not many are as good as yours. You should be proud of your good work - well done.

Regards
Beading Resources.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home