Stitching Words Together

My occasional blatherings

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I'm the married mom of two, a boy 21 and a girl 17. Knitting is what I do to stay sane.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Project Declutter

My house is a clutter magnet, the entire house. It's been a problem for years. I've finally gotten fed up with it and with the help of the Flylady website, I have embarked on project declutter. This rather remarkable website helps you get your clutter and life under control. She suggests that you take everything in small bites, slowly get a routine in place and that if you do that you will have a cleaner neater house inside a month. She has you start out by cleaning and shining your sink and keep it in shape daily. Then you progress to various declutter assignments, always in small bites and for short periods of time. So far I've been able to keep up. I'll keep you posted on how I do. The food, BTW, has been mostly good. When I went to the nutritionist the other day I had lost a pound. Not all that much but when you consider that Thanksgiving was in the middle there, not too bad either.

DH continues his recovery which is good because I really need his help with project declutter. While I cannot expect him to pitch in for a bit I would hope that he not add to the problem. Now this is a real issue between us. He has a tendency to leave things for me to pick up after him which is half the reason the house is a mess (the other half being my fault of course). I have decided to bite the bullet for now and do the cleaning up myself, but hell's gonna pay if the family sabotages me. Stay tuned for the blow by blow :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home