Stitching Words Together

My occasional blatherings

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I'm the married mom of two, a boy 21 and a girl 17. Knitting is what I do to stay sane.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Just Some Chit Chat

I'm feeling a bit better these days. There's another job possibility on the horizon, I'll know about it soon. I'll post about it if and when I get it. Let's not jinx this one :). Work at lousy job is not so bad right now. Dealing with a couple of annoying people is what's getting me down, got a nice "gift" today one of them was out. Good thing too she's going to have a world of crap to hand me when she gets back. You see I work for a broker that services stores for distributor. So I have no real power over the product or the credits or really anything. I'm a conduit. These folks keep forgetting that. *sigh* With any luck it will be over soon.

Best news is that DS comes home for a visit tomorrow until January 2nd. It will be wonderful to see him even though I will have to work for some of the time he'll be home. I at least have him near by. I've been missing him a lot lately. He's been doing well, being independent and I guess that makes me miss him more, he needs me less.

DH is nearly back to normal. Still having to be careful about lifting things and it hurts to sneeze but he's doing much better than he was. At this point it's just the broken rib healing. Although he can't fly till like March as a precaution for the lung. Since we don't plan any trips this is not a problem.

DD is in the drama club which for me is a royal pain. Our district rejected it's school budget and we are on austerity. One of the things they cut out was the late bus, so for the few extra curricular activities still left after the cuts you have to go pick your kid up. For a working mom this is a problem. I can usually make it in time but I worry about times when I can't. Today I had a sixth sense I'd be late so I told her to hitch a ride with her best friend. (her mom never has a problem with this) DD has no cell phone due to the fact that DH doesn't want her to due to cost and other factors. I think that it may be time to push harder for DD to get that cell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home