Stitching Words Together

My occasional blatherings

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I'm the married mom of two, a boy 21 and a girl 17. Knitting is what I do to stay sane.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Tell Me Something Good.....Please!

Still haven't heard about Possible New Job. I was lead to believe the job was mine pending a search of my driving record, which is pretty good (one small accident a few years ago), and that they'd know by Wednesday. Well that came and went and I've heard nothing. I'm going to call on Tuesday and see what's going on. I just have to get out of Lousy Job. I just got something in the mail I have to do this week for it and I don't even understand how to go about it. I suppose I'll figure it out but it's going to be a pain. I also have a project to do in one store that I've been putting off that really should get done too, and a potential problem in that same store with one of the managers (who is nice but a control freak nut). It doesn't end. I wish I could just leave the job at the job. I hate not being able to do that. I want a job that ends at the end of the day. Not one that goes on and on.

DS is home till January 2. He's doing very well so far. He spent the day with my mother-in-law while I worked. Behaved himself, made her tea and cookies and even helped her make a sandwich. Not much for a normal 15 year old but for a kid with high functioning autism and bipolar disorder this is big. He even decided to wash the dishes without being told. No dishwasher, did it the old fashioned way. Took a shower without prompting too. They are doing a heck of a job at his school. He's come far in the nearly one year since he's been there, very far indeed. Right now he's watching some videos we took out of the library. Some old favorites including a couple of Anime, which both he and DD love.

During the same trip to the library I took out a couple of books myself. A book called the Cheese Primer about, you guessed it, Cheese. I adore cheese in all it's forms and this is a book I've wanted to read for a while. It's written by a noted NY area cheese expert and is full of facts, tidbits and all matter of things cheese. DD is almost as much of a fanatic as me. There's a market near here with an extraordinary cheese section and we stand in front of it and drool. We try a new one each time. I happen to like goat cheese a lot and they have an excellent goat Gouda. They also have some wonderful long aged cheddar. Expensive but worth it. The other book I got was about artisan breads. I've been baking bread again after a long lay off and I want to expand my repertoire. I've plenty of bread books but want something I've never done before. Something new to tickle the taste buds and my skills. We'll see how I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home