Stitching Words Together

My occasional blatherings

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I'm the married mom of two, a boy 21 and a girl 17. Knitting is what I do to stay sane.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Some Progress

Things seem to be moving along with Possible New Job. I got a packet in the mail from them which I have to fill out and then they check my driving record (thought they already did that but whatever) and I am in. I have to do a bunch of copying at Kinkos but it's worth it. They need some documents and I need copies of what I send to them so Tuesday I'll be spending some time doing that.

DS has been wonderful the whole time he's been here. It's going to be hard to let him go when it's time to go back on Monday. I hope he doesn't give us any trouble that day. We've had some issues with him returning to school in the past and the last time was horrible but DH was in the hospital that day and he was scared so that would explain it. DH will be taking him to the train to go back and that should keep him calm. He rarely gets upset with DH. If we think he's going to get upset we'll make the long drive to the school ourselves. But I am amazed by how well he is doing this past week. So calm and so interactive which for a kid with Bipolar disorder and Autism is pretty damn good.

DD bought herself a Ninetndo DS with her Hanukkah money plus some she'd saved on her own. She seems to be happy with it. OK, she's obsessed with the thing :). It's pretty interesting with a touch screen to do most of the work in addition to the usual keys that control the action. What's nice is that it's backward compatible you can play Nintendo Advance games on it so the old games she has are still usable. The kids also got some CD's, DVD's, games and still a couple of more presents to come. We don't give out eight presents we try to keep this low key. We've also given them money this year as they are a bit older and we figure they can buy what they like this way.

DH is still feeling pain from his rib and I think I have persuaded him to call the doctor and have it checked out. It seems to me that the pain should be getting better and it hasn't really decreased in a long time. He's considering calling this week. I know it should still be sore but this is a bit more than I think he should be feeling.

Tonight is New Years Eve and we will be celebrating, as we always do, with our best friends. This year at their house. Lots of food, talk and perhaps some football watching. (we all enjoy football and there's a game on tonight) I wish you all a very wonderful New Year and the best for 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home