Stitching Words Together

My occasional blatherings

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

I'm the married mom of two, a boy 21 and a girl 17. Knitting is what I do to stay sane.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Resignation Time

Well I've sent off the email saying that I was quitting now all I have to do is wait. I am strangely nervous about this. The last week on Lousy Job was real bad and I don't expect a very good reaction to this news. I suppose I shouldn't care but in fact I do. It's become obvious that in the last few weeks I haven't done the best of jobs, and that's not something I'm proud of. I don't like getting yelled at or being thought bad of. And that's what I think I am going to get. Well it's not going to last long. So I suppose I can grin and bear it.

Didn't make it to my Sangha (Buddhist group) today. Weather was horrible and it wasn't safe to drive, so everything is put off for a week. I will get that fabric cut eventually. My problem is that the instructions are a bit confusing so I need some help deciphering them. I hope to get that next week and get started sewing. Lots of sewing in my future, and all of it by hand. I can do it I'm just concerned about doing it right. But I keep getting told that each piece is individual and not to be too concerned. That this is mine and mine alone so I just need to please myself. Easier said than done! I'll be ripping out lots of seams and redoing them, I'm sure.

DD is off at a sleepover so DH and I get some time to ourselves tonight. Perhaps a dinner, maybe even a movie. Doesn't happen often enough when you have kids. Even older kids like ours are. Should be a nice evening.

I've been playing the Sims 2 a lot lately. Totally addictive game and much better than the original one. Not as bug ridden so it doesn't crash all the time and lots more options for game play. I have to pick up one of those strategy guides either in the store or on the net for some pointers. Although I do fine on my own. It's a great stress reliever. A very involving and relaxing game I highly recommend it to all. I could use a new video card to make it run better but so far it's been slow but fine. An 8 on a 10 point scale.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rainbow Demon said...

Hello Dibosai,

Thought you might like this site:
Pesky' Apostrophe. She is also a knitter, and I thought you two might hit it off, so to speak.

Good Luck & Peace,
=RD=

4:37 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Thanks I'll check it out!

Dibosai

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home